Sunday, October 18, 2009

M-Day Plus 70

Disclaimer: This post has little to nothing to do with actual medical school itself.

What would you do with 2 million dollars? That is the question I have for all of you who read this. Some of you might say you would build an orphanage, feed the hungry, or save the whales. Others might build a big fancy house, buy a nice Mercedes, or take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to some exotic location. These are all great things, but not what I would do if someone were to give me 2 million dollars right now.

What I would do, if someone were to give me 2 million dollars, is build a Buffalo Wild Wing here in Little Rock. Yup, that's what I would do. As some of you might remember in my first post, I was a little irate at one point when I discovered that Little Rock did not have a Buffalo Wild Wings. So, I took it upon myself to do a little research into the franchising costs for such a place. It turns out that it costs anywhere between about 1.25-1.75 million to open a Buffalo Wild Wings in Arkansas. So, if anyone would like to make me about the happiest man in the world right now, feel free to donate 2 million dollars to my cause. I'll take checks, the paper kind or the big cardboard ones. I'll even accept cash. I rather enjoy the sound of someone opening a briefcase full of money. I think that may be one of the coolest things in life that I will most likely never ever experience is a briefcase full of money being opened. Oh well I suppose, but anyways, think about it folks. I would most definitely give you free wings and drinks.

Other random stuff to write about today. I think I may have finally found a church which is exciting after a 2 month hunt. I will still keep my eyes open for other possibilities but I think I may have a near winner. I did come to a rather cool realization at church this morning. There were people giving praises for various things in their lives and it seemed as if at least half of them pertained to some sort of medical condition and how God worked through the doctors to heal them. This is really cool to think about because I will have the opportunity to be a visible instrument of God. Pretty neat if you ask me. All the more reason to ground my faith where it ought to be.

Well, that is all I have for now. We have an embryology quiz tomorrow. It should be a doozy. For those of you who don't know what embryology is, it's how babies are made. I never knew how it was done before...and before you all give me grief about this one too, I would be willing say that 99-100% of you who read this don't know either. On that note, I'm signin' out.

No comments:

Post a Comment